Baucus Announces Scott Mulhauser to Join Finance Committee Staff, Direct Communications
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today named Scott Mulhauser as Senior Advisor and Counsel to the Finance Committee where he will direct the Committee’s media operations. Mulhauser joins the Committee after serving in the same capacity for Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ).
“Scott is a welcome addition to the team. His strong communications background, knowledge of the issues and political experience and make him a tremendous asset in tackling the important tasks facing our Committee and the American people,”Baucus said. “We are in the midst of unprecedented challenges, from comprehensive health care reform, to upcoming climate change legislation, to a range of international trade matters. I’m glad to have Scott on board to help me and the entire Finance team.”
Mulhauser has held a number of press and speechwriting roles in the Senate and on political campaigns, including positions with Senators John Breaux (D-LA) and Robert Torricelli (D-NJ), as well as the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. He has also worked as a practicing attorney and is a graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center and the University of Pennsylvania.
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley Statement on Trump Executive Order on Domestic Drug Manufacturing
- ICYMI: Grassley Discusses Ongoing Coronavirus Relief Negotiations on Bloomberg TV
- Grassley on Additional Republican Proposals to Help Unemployed Americans
- Grassley, Ernst op-ed: Iowans have spoken: Make prescription drugs affordable
- ICYMI: On unemployment, Pelosi cares more about a win than the American people