Baucus Announces Scott Mulhauser to Join Finance Committee Staff, Direct Communications
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today named Scott Mulhauser as Senior Advisor and Counsel to the Finance Committee where he will direct the Committee’s media operations. Mulhauser joins the Committee after serving in the same capacity for Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ).
“Scott is a welcome addition to the team. His strong communications background, knowledge of the issues and political experience and make him a tremendous asset in tackling the important tasks facing our Committee and the American people,”Baucus said. “We are in the midst of unprecedented challenges, from comprehensive health care reform, to upcoming climate change legislation, to a range of international trade matters. I’m glad to have Scott on board to help me and the entire Finance team.”
Mulhauser has held a number of press and speechwriting roles in the Senate and on political campaigns, including positions with Senators John Breaux (D-LA) and Robert Torricelli (D-NJ), as well as the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. He has also worked as a practicing attorney and is a graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center and the University of Pennsylvania.
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo Statement on Ways and Means Republicans’ Defending American Jobs and Investment Act
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on Tax Incentives in the Inflation Reduction Act
- Crapo Statement on IRS Direct File Pilot Project
- Senate Republicans Introduce Legislation to Recover Hundreds of Billions in Unchecked Unemployment Fraud
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on International Tax Policy