Dan Virkstis 202-224-4515
Baucus Applauds Committee Vote on Ron Kirk to be United States Trade Representative
Speedy Committee Action Clears Way for Top Trade Official
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today applauded the Senate Finance Committee’s order to favorably report the nomination of Mayor Ron Kirk to be United States Trade Representative (USTR). As USTR, Kirk will be President Obama’s top international trade official. The Senate Finance Committee has jurisdiction over all international trade matters.
“I congratulate Mayor Kirk on this vote and this show of support,” Baucus said. “These tough economic times demand a sound trade agenda. My colleagues and I look forward to working with Mayor Kirk on a plan that makes international trade a key driver of economic growth and jobs in America.”
Mayor Kirk’s responses to the Finance panel’s questions for the record are now available on the Finance Committee website. A full Senate vote on the nomination is expected in the coming days.
Questions for the record with responses have been attached to this release as a related file.
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley Statement on Trump Executive Order on Domestic Drug Manufacturing
- ICYMI: Grassley Discusses Ongoing Coronavirus Relief Negotiations on Bloomberg TV
- Grassley on Additional Republican Proposals to Help Unemployed Americans
- Grassley, Ernst op-ed: Iowans have spoken: Make prescription drugs affordable
- ICYMI: On unemployment, Pelosi cares more about a win than the American people