Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comment on the Nominations of Mike Froman for USTR and Penny Pritzker for Commerce Secretary
Reporters and Editors
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) issued the following comment today on the administration’s nominations of Mike Froman to be United States Trade Representative and Penny Pritzker to be Commerce Secretary:
“With an ambitious trade agenda ahead, Mike Froman is the right choice for U.S. Trade Representative. USTR is an effective, nimble agency, and by choosing Mr. Froman to lead it, the administration is sending a clear signal that trade is a top priority. He has been an instrumental player in trade negotiations over the last four years and will hit the ground running.
“Penny Pritzker will bring a successful background in the private sector to the Commerce Department. Her leadership will help spur greater innovation across our economy and make us more competitive around the world.
“Strengthening our trade ties with Europe and across the Pacific is one of my top priorities for the next year and a half, and I’m eager to work with the administration to make sure those trade agreements bolster our economy and create jobs, including through swift passage of trade promotion authority.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo, Brady Introduce Bill to Protect Taxpayer Rights and Privacy
- Senate Democrats’ International Tax Proposal Receives Overwhelmingly Negative Feedback from U.S. Manufacturers and Innovators
- Democrats’ Tax Hikes Let China Win
- Finance Committee Republicans Demand Full, Open Process to Vet Reckless Tax-and-Spend Proposals
- Crapo, Brady Warn Administration’s OECD Position Undermines Congress’s Authority over U.S. Tax Law