Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Sean Neary for Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) made the following statement today regarding the selection of Jeffrey Zients to be the next director of the White House National Economic Council.
“The President has made a solid choice in selecting Jeff Zients to be his next economic advisor. Mr. Zients has a stellar reputation as a business leader and a great understanding of economic policy. His time leading the Office of Management and Budget has him well prepared for this new role.
“He certainly has some big shoes to fill in replacing Gene Sperling, but I am confident Mr. Zients is the right person for this important role. He has my full support and I look forward to working with him to further strengthen America’s economy.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Hatch: Shift from Worldwide to Territorial Tax System Has Bipartisan Support
- Finance Committee Advances Treasury Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy
- Hatch Statement at Executive Session to Consider Treasury Assistant Secretary of Tax Policy Nominee David Kautter
- Tax Talk: What’s A Territorial Tax System?
- Hatch Announces Executive Session to Consider Treasury Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy