Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Sean Neary for Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) made the following statement today regarding the selection of Jeffrey Zients to be the next director of the White House National Economic Council.
“The President has made a solid choice in selecting Jeff Zients to be his next economic advisor. Mr. Zients has a stellar reputation as a business leader and a great understanding of economic policy. His time leading the Office of Management and Budget has him well prepared for this new role.
“He certainly has some big shoes to fill in replacing Gene Sperling, but I am confident Mr. Zients is the right person for this important role. He has my full support and I look forward to working with him to further strengthen America’s economy.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo, Wyden, LaHood, Davis Call on HHS to Guarantee Timely and Transparent Approval for Evidence-Based Services That Help Prevent Foster Care Placements
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on Drug Shortages
- 32 Bipartisan Senators Call on White House to Reverse Course on Digital Trade and Stand Up to China, Support American Workers and Human Rights
- Bipartisan Senate Finance and Foreign Relations Committee Members Call for Swift Passage of Taiwan Double-Tax Relief Legislation Released By House Ways And Means Committee
- Crapo, Wyden Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Boost Exports of Fruit, Vegetables, Nuts and Other Specialty Crops