Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Sean Neary for Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) made the following statement today regarding the selection of Jeffrey Zients to be the next director of the White House National Economic Council.
“The President has made a solid choice in selecting Jeff Zients to be his next economic advisor. Mr. Zients has a stellar reputation as a business leader and a great understanding of economic policy. His time leading the Office of Management and Budget has him well prepared for this new role.
“He certainly has some big shoes to fill in replacing Gene Sperling, but I am confident Mr. Zients is the right person for this important role. He has my full support and I look forward to working with him to further strengthen America’s economy.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley Statement on Submission of USMCA to Congress
- Grassley Statement on China Trade Deal
- Grassley Statement on House Passage of Prescription Drug Bill
- Finance Committee Senators Statement after Briefing on Multiemployer Pension Problems
- Grassley, Wyden Introduce Bill to Help Youth Aging Out of Foster Care System