Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Sean Neary for Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on Choice of Jeffrey Zients to be Director of the National Economic Council
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) made the following statement today regarding the selection of Jeffrey Zients to be the next director of the White House National Economic Council.
“The President has made a solid choice in selecting Jeff Zients to be his next economic advisor. Mr. Zients has a stellar reputation as a business leader and a great understanding of economic policy. His time leading the Office of Management and Budget has him well prepared for this new role.
“He certainly has some big shoes to fill in replacing Gene Sperling, but I am confident Mr. Zients is the right person for this important role. He has my full support and I look forward to working with him to further strengthen America’s economy.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley, Hassan Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Extend Deadlines for States to Spend Federal Dollars Provided in CARES Act
- Grassley Statement on Trump Executive Order on Domestic Drug Manufacturing
- ICYMI: Grassley Discusses Ongoing Coronavirus Relief Negotiations on Bloomberg TV
- Grassley on Additional Republican Proposals to Help Unemployed Americans
- Grassley, Ernst op-ed: Iowans have spoken: Make prescription drugs affordable