Scott Mulhauser (Baucus), (202) 224-4515
Jill Gerber (Grassley), (202) 224-4515
Baucus, Grassley Announce Launch of New Finance Committee Website
New website reflects commitment to transparent, open government, includes new features to make finding information easier
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) have unveiled a new Finance Committee website. Visitors to the new website, www.finance.senate.gov, will find information about the committee, the latest news from the Chairman and Ranking Member, hearing transcripts and information about bills on the move.
“Government should be transparent and open, and an easy-to-use website is a critical step in keeping that commitment,”Baucus said. “The new website reflects months of hard work and research, and it will serve as a valuable resource for Congressional staff and constituents in years to come.”
“Key improvements will save time for users of the site,” Grassley said. “For example, the new search function will be helpful for navigating the very large trove of documents.”
Key changes to the website include:
- An easy-to-use navigation system to make searching easier;
- A homepage with a rotating feature section to highlight the latest committee news; and
- A reorganized newsroom with press releases sorted by Chairman and Ranking Member.
With a fresh look and a clean design, the new website makes finding information about the Committee easy. Notable new features include:
- A history section, featuring a report on the history and impact of the Committee since its creation in 1815 and a photo gallery to showcase key people, places and events in committee history;
- A news delivery service, so visitors can receive updates through RSS feeds;
- A directory of witnesses appearing before the Committee, searchable by keyword;
- Frequently asked questions so visitors have more information at their fingertips; and
- A live feed from the Library of Congress website THOMAS.gov so visitors can find the confirmation status of nominees referred to the Finance Committee.
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley Statement on Trump Executive Order on Domestic Drug Manufacturing
- ICYMI: Grassley Discusses Ongoing Coronavirus Relief Negotiations on Bloomberg TV
- Grassley on Additional Republican Proposals to Help Unemployed Americans
- Grassley, Ernst op-ed: Iowans have spoken: Make prescription drugs affordable
- ICYMI: On unemployment, Pelosi cares more about a win than the American people