Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith (Baucus) 202-224-4515
Eli Zupnick (Murray) 202-224-5398
Baucus, Murray Refute GOP Debt Limit Claims, Make Case for Clean Bill
WASHINGTON –Today, Senate Budget Committee Chairman Patty Murray (D-WA) and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-MT) released a joint letter and memo to Senate Democrats refuting recent Republican claims that attempt to justify playing partisan games with the debt ceiling, explaining why Republican debt prioritization proposals are unworkable and equivalent to default, laying out the economic danger of GOP brinkmanship, and making the strong case for a clean debt limit bill and an end to the political games.
Click here to read the letter and memo.
Next Article Previous Article
- 32 Bipartisan Senators Call on White House to Reverse Course on Digital Trade and Stand Up to China, Support American Workers and Human Rights
- Bipartisan Senate Finance and Foreign Relations Committee Members Call for Swift Passage of Taiwan Double-Tax Relief Legislation Released By House Ways And Means Committee
- Crapo, Wyden Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Boost Exports of Fruit, Vegetables, Nuts and Other Specialty Crops
- Finance Committee Republicans Press IRS on Data Security Shortcomings
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on How the Tax Code Affects High-Income Individuals