Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Welcomes Kara Getz as New Tax Counsel
Tax and Pensions Expert Joins the Senate Finance Committee Staff, Bolsters Tax Reform Team
Washington– Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today named Kara Getz as Tax Counsel for the committee where she will work on taxation and pension issues.
“I’m proud to welcome Kara to the Senate Finance Committee’s tax team,” Senator Baucus said. “Her years of experience advising members of Congress will be a real asset as the committee works to reform the nation’s tax code. Pensions and retirement issues are an important aspect of tax reform and I’m excited to have someone with expertise like Kara’s as part of the staff.”
Getz joins the committee from the Office of Congressman Richard Neal (D-MA) where she served as tax counsel and legislative director, advising the congressman on taxation, pension and budget issues. Prior to joining Congressman Neal’s office, she was Chief Counsel for the Senate Special Committee on Aging for Chairman Herb Kohl (D-Wis). Before that, she served as tax counsel for Senator Gordon Smith (R-OR) for almost four years. Getz also has experience in the private sector.
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on Drug Shortages
- 32 Bipartisan Senators Call on White House to Reverse Course on Digital Trade and Stand Up to China, Support American Workers and Human Rights
- Bipartisan Senate Finance and Foreign Relations Committee Members Call for Swift Passage of Taiwan Double-Tax Relief Legislation Released By House Ways And Means Committee
- Crapo, Wyden Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Boost Exports of Fruit, Vegetables, Nuts and Other Specialty Crops
- Finance Committee Republicans Press IRS on Data Security Shortcomings