Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Welcomes Kara Getz as New Tax Counsel
Tax and Pensions Expert Joins the Senate Finance Committee Staff, Bolsters Tax Reform Team
Washington– Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today named Kara Getz as Tax Counsel for the committee where she will work on taxation and pension issues.
“I’m proud to welcome Kara to the Senate Finance Committee’s tax team,” Senator Baucus said. “Her years of experience advising members of Congress will be a real asset as the committee works to reform the nation’s tax code. Pensions and retirement issues are an important aspect of tax reform and I’m excited to have someone with expertise like Kara’s as part of the staff.”
Getz joins the committee from the Office of Congressman Richard Neal (D-MA) where she served as tax counsel and legislative director, advising the congressman on taxation, pension and budget issues. Prior to joining Congressman Neal’s office, she was Chief Counsel for the Senate Special Committee on Aging for Chairman Herb Kohl (D-Wis). Before that, she served as tax counsel for Senator Gordon Smith (R-OR) for almost four years. Getz also has experience in the private sector.
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo: Administration’s Trade Agenda Bypasses the American People
- Crapo, Smith Urge Watchdog Agency to Continue Investigating Fraud in Unemployment Insurance Program
- Crapo: We Can and Must Do Better on Trade
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on President’s Trade Agenda
- Crapo: HHS Budget Risks Health Care Access, Choice and Affordability