Taylor Harvey (202) 224-4515
Finance Committee to Hold Hearing on the Need to Fix the Organ Transplant System
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senate Finance Committee Chair Ron Wyden, D-Ore., will convene a hearing on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, to address the need to repair the U.S. organ procurement and transplant system. The hearing will take place at 2:30 p.m. in Room 215 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
The witnesses at Wednesday’s hearing will be:
- Brian Shepard, Chief Executive Officer, United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), Richmond, VA
- Diane Brockmeier, RN, President and CEO, Mid-America Transplant, St. Louis, MO
- Barry Friedman, RN, Executive Director, AdventHealth Transplant Institute, Orlando, FL
- Calvin Henry, Region 3 Patient Affairs Committee Representative, Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN), Atlanta, GA
- Jayme Locke, M.D., MPH, Director, Division of Transplantation, Heersink School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Who: Senate Finance Committee.
What: Hearing on the need to repair the U.S. organ procurement and transplant system.
Where: 215 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
When: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Media are encouraged to attend the hearing or to view the webcast and witness testimony at http://finance.senate.gov/hearings.
Next Article Previous Article