Dan Virkstis (202) 224-4515
Key Administration Nominations Clear Finance Committee
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today praised Finance Committee action to favorably report, by a unanimous voice vote, three important administration nominations, including William V. Corr, to be Deputy Secretary at Health and Human Services, Demetrios Marantis, to be Deputy United States Trade Representative (USTR), and Alan B. Krueger, to be Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy at the Department of Treasury. All three nominees testified before the Committee last week. Today’s vote was scheduled as an executive session during the Committee’s roundtable on health care coverage. Chairman Baucus expressed confidence in the nominees and said he will work toward swift confirmation by the full Senate.
“These fine nominees are one step closer to being able to help us address America’s most pressing issues,” Baucus said. “Each nominee offers broad experience and know-how, and I’m confident that they will actively and creatively pursue the tasks ahead, like health care reform, economic recovery, and improving access for American goods and services around the world. We’ve got a lot of work to do, and I expect we’ll see quick action by the full Senate to confirm these appointments.”
The U.S. Senate Committee on Finance holds jurisdiction over all matters relating to U.S. taxes, international trade, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo: Stagnant Economy Needs Pro-Growth Policies
- Congressional Republicans: IRS Should Extend COVID-19 Filing Deadline to Provide Taxpayers Much-Needed Relief
- Finance Committee Republicans: IRS Should Use Massive Funding Boost to Fix Numerous Existing Problems
- Finance Committee Republicans Demand Accountability for Continued Late Release of Medicare, Social Security Trustees Reports
- Senate Republicans: Unprecedented Drug Price Control Scheme Threatens Innovation, Future Drug Costs