Erin Shields (202) 224-4515
Baucus Applauds Sebelius Confirmation
Finance Chairman says HHS Secretary will be important partner in health care reform
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today commended the Senate confirmation of Governor Kathleen Sebelius to be Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary by a vote of 65 to 31. The Finance Committee reported Sebelius’s nomination to the full Senate by a vote of 15 to 8 last week. Today, Baucus reiterated his support for Sebelius to lead HHS and work with Congress to pass compressive health care reform this year.
“Governor Sebelius is the right person to lead the Department of Health and Human Services. She’s a problem solver, and that’s what Congress needs in a partner for health care reform,” Baucus said. “I look forward to working with the Governor to create the high quality, low cost, easily accessible health care system America needs.”
The Finance Committee has jurisdiction over many key programs administered by the Department of Health and Human Services, including Medicare, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley Announces Results of Executive Session on Tax, Trade Nominations
- Grassley at Hearing on Protecting the Reliability of the U.S.’s Medical Supply Chain During the COVID-19 Pandemic Part 2
- Grassley at Hearing on WTO Reform
- Grassley on U.S.-U.K. Trade
- Grassley, Braun op-ed: Health care price transparency bill can reduce costs and boost national economic recovery