Dan Virkstis, (202) 224-4515
Baucus Applauds Senate Vote On Geithner
Finance Chairman Baucus reiterates strong support of incoming Treasury Secretary
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) today applauded Senate confirmation of Timothy Geithner to serve as Secretary of the U.S.Treasury. The Finance Committee reported Geithner’s nomination to the full Senate by avote of 18-5 last week. Today, Baucus reiterated his support for Geithner and for President Obama’s economic team as the right mix of talent and experience to protect taxpayer dollars and quickly and safely guide the economy back on course.
“I congratulate Mr. Geithner on this vote of confirmation today. But there’s no honeymoon. Now the work begins on accounting for and repairing the finances ofour country,” Baucus said. “As I said during his confirmation hearing, Tim Geithner has the right expertise and qualifications to lead the President’s economic team at this crucial moment, and I believe that in time, we will see the recovery that Americans are calling for today. The approval of Secretary Geithner is animportant step in tackling the economic crisis head-on.”
Secretary Geithner has most recently held the position of head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
# # #
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley, Hassan Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Extend Deadlines for States to Spend Federal Dollars Provided in CARES Act
- Grassley Statement on Trump Executive Order on Domestic Drug Manufacturing
- ICYMI: Grassley Discusses Ongoing Coronavirus Relief Negotiations on Bloomberg TV
- Grassley on Additional Republican Proposals to Help Unemployed Americans
- Grassley, Ernst op-ed: Iowans have spoken: Make prescription drugs affordable