Erin Shields (202) 224-4515
Baucus Calls for Quick Action on Sebelius Nomination
Washington, DC -Senator Max Baucus (D-Mont.) issued a statement today expressing his support for the nomination of Governor Kathleen Sebelius to be Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. Baucus's statement came after he received a letter from the Governor regarding her tax returns.
“Congress is going to need a strong partner at the Department of Health and Human Services to achieve comprehensive health reform this year, and we have that partner in Governor Sebelius,” Baucus said. “There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Governor Sebelius has the political experience, determination, and bipartisan work ethic to get the job done with Congress this year. She’s the right person for the job and I look forward to hearing from her at the Finance Committee’s hearing on Thursday.”
In the letter, Governor Sebelius informed the Senators that a review of her 2005, 2006, and 2007 tax returns by a certified public accountant revealed minor, unintentional errors that were immediately corrected through amended returns.
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo, Smith Urge Watchdog Agency to Continue Investigating Fraud in Unemployment Insurance Program
- Crapo: We Can and Must Do Better on Trade
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on President’s Trade Agenda
- Crapo: HHS Budget Risks Health Care Access, Choice and Affordability
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on HHS FY 2024 Budget