Baucus Comment after Bipartisan Health Care Summit
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Scott Mulhauser and Erin Shields for Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Today’s Health Care Summit
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) issued the following comment today after the President’s bicameral, bipartisan Health Care Summit.
From Chairman Baucus:
“We owe it to the American people to let facts – not rhetoric – define this discussion. I’m glad that we could come together to sit down and talk about the facts. The facts I heard today indicate that we have so many areas of agreement and many of these bipartisan ideas are already in our bill. Republicans and Democrats agree we should focus on prevention. We agree we should give individuals and small businesses a new marketplace where they can pool together to get lower rates. We agree we should aggressively fight fraud, waste and abuse. These are just some of the many areas where we agree.
“I was pleased that our focus today was making our health care system more affordable and more sustainable. Too many families and too many small businesses are struggling under our broken system. For these hard-working families and small businesses, it is clear that we must pass health reform. And we must pass it this year.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo Statement on Protecting Taxpayers Earning Under $400,000 from Increased IRS Scrutiny
- Crapo Votes Against Democrats’ Damaging Tax-and-Spend Bill
- Crapo Offers Amendment to Protect Middle Class, Small Businesses from Supersized IRS
- Crapo: Democrats are Proposing More Taxes, More Spending, Higher Prices, and an Army of IRS Agents
- JCT Confirms: Tax Costs Exponentially Outweigh Benefits