Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on the State of the Union Address
To: Reporters and Editors
From: The Communications Office of Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on State of the Union Address
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) released the following statement tonight in reaction to the President’s State of the Union address.
“I was encouraged to hear the President focus so much on job creation and jumpstarting the economy.
“We cannot afford to take our eye off the ball. We need to focus like a laser on the economy and job creation. That must be our top priority.
“We need to work together — Republicans and Democrats, House and Senate, with the Administration — to craft policies that boost small businesses, spark broad-based economic growth and create jobs.
“We need to put politics aside and start working together to get results for the American people.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Hatch: Shift from Worldwide to Territorial Tax System Has Bipartisan Support
- Finance Committee Advances Treasury Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy
- Hatch Statement at Executive Session to Consider Treasury Assistant Secretary of Tax Policy Nominee David Kautter
- Tax Talk: What’s A Territorial Tax System?
- Hatch Announces Executive Session to Consider Treasury Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy