Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on the State of the Union Address
To: Reporters and Editors
From: The Communications Office of Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on State of the Union Address
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) released the following statement tonight in reaction to the President’s State of the Union address.
“I was encouraged to hear the President focus so much on job creation and jumpstarting the economy.
“We cannot afford to take our eye off the ball. We need to focus like a laser on the economy and job creation. That must be our top priority.
“We need to work together — Republicans and Democrats, House and Senate, with the Administration — to craft policies that boost small businesses, spark broad-based economic growth and create jobs.
“We need to put politics aside and start working together to get results for the American people.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo Statement on Ways and Means Republicans’ Defending American Jobs and Investment Act
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on Tax Incentives in the Inflation Reduction Act
- Crapo Statement on IRS Direct File Pilot Project
- Senate Republicans Introduce Legislation to Recover Hundreds of Billions in Unchecked Unemployment Fraud
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on International Tax Policy