Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Comments on the State of the Union Address
To: Reporters and Editors
From: The Communications Office of Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Comments on State of the Union Address
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) released the following statement tonight in reaction to the President’s State of the Union address.
“I was encouraged to hear the President focus so much on job creation and jumpstarting the economy.
“We cannot afford to take our eye off the ball. We need to focus like a laser on the economy and job creation. That must be our top priority.
“We need to work together — Republicans and Democrats, House and Senate, with the Administration — to craft policies that boost small businesses, spark broad-based economic growth and create jobs.
“We need to put politics aside and start working together to get results for the American people.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo Statement at Nominations Hearing
- Finance Committee Republicans Raise Concerns with Improper Medicaid Payments
- Crapo, Brady: Biden Administration Retreated by Failing to Demand Immediate Repeal of Competitors’ Discriminatory Taxes
- Crapo asks Treasury for Details of Democrats’ “New Approach” to Monitoring Private Financial Accounts
- Senate Republicans Blast IRS Bank Reporting Dragnet