Finance Committee to Consider Nominations
Panel will vote on nominees for positions at the IRS, U.S. Tax Court, Treasury Department and USTR
Washington, DC – Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and fellow
Finance Committee members will vote on six nominations at an open executive session this
Wednesday, June 18, 2008, at 10:00 a.m. in Room 215 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
Nominations approved by the panel will move to the full Senate for confirmation. Nominations
to be considered follow here:
- Mr. Ed Eck, to be a Member of the Internal Revenue Service Oversight Board at the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Mr. Richard T. Morrison, to be a Judge of the United States Tax Court
- Mr. David D. Gustafson, to be a Judge of the United States Tax Court
- Ms. Elizabeth Crewson Paris, to be a Judge of the United States Tax Court
- The Honorable Eric M. Thorson, to be Inspector General, at the U.S. Department of Treasury
- The Honorable Deanna Tanner Okun, to be Deputy United States Trade Representative within the Executive Office of the President, contingent upon enactment of S.J.Res 38, which the Committee will also consider on Wednesday.
# # #
Next Article Previous Article