Committee Republicans Reiterate Call for Mark-up of Expiring Tax Relief
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Committee on Finance, Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl, and all other committee Republicans today reiterated their request for committee consideration of a mark-up of an extension of current individual tax rates and other current tax provisions, which will expire in less than five months without legislative action. The senators wrote to Sen. Max Baucus, chairman, urging a mark-up as soon as possible to bring some certainty of continued tax relief in a struggling economy. They reminded the chairman of the Republican agreement to limit amendments during such a mark-up.
Today’s request follows a similar request last month.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Statement on the Senate Passage of Bipartisan Gun Reform
- Wyden Statement at Finance Committee Markup to Consider Retirement Legislation
- Media Advisory: Finance Committee to Consider Retirement Legislation
- Wyden Releases Outline of Bill to Bolster Retirement Savings
- Memorandum: Wyden Statement on WTO Ministerial Conference Agreements