Committee Republicans Reiterate Call for Mark-up of Expiring Tax Relief
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Committee on Finance, Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl, and all other committee Republicans today reiterated their request for committee consideration of a mark-up of an extension of current individual tax rates and other current tax provisions, which will expire in less than five months without legislative action. The senators wrote to Sen. Max Baucus, chairman, urging a mark-up as soon as possible to bring some certainty of continued tax relief in a struggling economy. They reminded the chairman of the Republican agreement to limit amendments during such a mark-up.
Today’s request follows a similar request last month.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Launches Investigation Into Private Placement Life Insurance Schemes
- Wyden Statement on Republican IRS Conspiracy Theories
- Wyden Unveils Taxing Big Oil Profiteers Act
- Wyden Statement on New Rhodium Group Report Showing Benefits of Clean Energy Tax Package
- Wyden Stock Buyback Legislation Passes Senate