Committee Republicans Reiterate Call for Mark-up of Expiring Tax Relief
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Committee on Finance, Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl, and all other committee Republicans today reiterated their request for committee consideration of a mark-up of an extension of current individual tax rates and other current tax provisions, which will expire in less than five months without legislative action. The senators wrote to Sen. Max Baucus, chairman, urging a mark-up as soon as possible to bring some certainty of continued tax relief in a struggling economy. They reminded the chairman of the Republican agreement to limit amendments during such a mark-up.
Today’s request follows a similar request last month.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Urges Biden Administration to Immediately Halt Trump HHS Rule That Would Allow Taxpayer-Funded Discrimination Nationwide
- Wyden Statement on Senate Floor on the Nomination of Janet Yellen to be Treasury Secretary
- Wyden Demands Answers From Treasury, State on Delay in Imposing Sanctions on Operative With Russian Intelligence Ties
- Wyden Statement Following Treasury Secretary-Designate Janet Yellen’s Nomination Hearing
- Wyden and Pallone to Verma: CMS’s Attempt to Entrench Harmful Medicaid Changes is Illegal