Committee Republicans Reiterate Call for Mark-up of Expiring Tax Relief
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Committee on Finance, Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl, and all other committee Republicans today reiterated their request for committee consideration of a mark-up of an extension of current individual tax rates and other current tax provisions, which will expire in less than five months without legislative action. The senators wrote to Sen. Max Baucus, chairman, urging a mark-up as soon as possible to bring some certainty of continued tax relief in a struggling economy. They reminded the chairman of the Republican agreement to limit amendments during such a mark-up.
Today’s request follows a similar request last month.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Reaction to Lawsuit Against NRA
- Wyden, Cortez Masto Propose Bill to Reduce Police Violence During Mental Health Crises
- Wyden Statement on Trump Trial Balloon on Executive Actions on Unemployment Benefits, Payroll Tax Cut
- Wyden, Feinstein Lead Senate Democrats to Protect Health Care Freedoms in Court
- Wyden, Brown, Cortez Masto, MomsRising, Workers Call For $600 Weekly Boost to Unemployment Benefits to Be Reinstated