Jill Kozeny, 202/224-1308
Jill Gerber, 202/224-6522
Grassley Comment on SEC Chairman Response on Pequot Investigation, Enforcement Problems
Sen. Chuck Grassley today made the following comment on a response from Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro in response to his inquiry on enforcement concerns.
"For years, I've urged the SEC to change its culture and step up enforcement. If it's turning the corner culturally, better automated systems to show patterns of potential problems at individual firms will help enforcement. I'm glad Chairman Schapiro seems committed to better, more timely enforcement and improved automation in particular. Progress on automation has been too slow. The information to respond to my request still had to be gathered manually. Investigators at the SEC need more sophisticated tools to do their jobs effectively."
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Floor Statement on Billionaires Income Tax and Restoring Fairness to the Tax Code
- Wyden Leads Democratic Colleagues in Introducing Billionaires Income Tax
- Wyden, Blumenauer Introduce Legislation to Support U.S. Kombucha Industry
- 32 Bipartisan Senators Call on White House to Reverse Course on Digital Trade and Stand Up to China, Support American Workers and Human Rights
- Wyden Urges Congress to Act on Affordable Child Care for All