Finance Committee Releases Memo Regarding Brainard Nomination
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Dan Virkstis for Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.); Jill Kozeny for Finance Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
Re: Documents related to Treasury Under Secretary for International Affairs nominee Lael Brainard
The Senate Finance Committee is releasing documents today related to the nomination of Lael Brainard to be Under Secretary of the U.S. Treasury for International Affairs. The Finance Committee documents, compiled from information received and discovered in the Committee’s vetting process for the nominee, reflect certain errors in documents submitted to the Committee. Steps have been taken by the nominee to bring her documents into compliance.
Senate Finance Chairman Baucus and Ranking Member Grassley are releasing the information after discussions with the nominee, the Treasury Department and the White House. The Senators released the report during a briefing today with staff of Finance Committee members regarding the nomination.
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley to Republicans: Don’t Be Fooled, Big Pharma Supported Obamacare
- Chairmen Press Investigation into Allegations of Underperforming Commerce Department Inspector General Office
- ICYMI: How the Drug Lobby Lost Its Mojo in Washington
- ICYMI: Sen. Chuck Grassley takes your questions on drug prices, insulin, and innovation
- ICYMI: POLITICO-Harvard Poll: Health Care Costs Are Top Priority Heading Into Elections