Finance Committee Releases Memo Regarding Brainard Nomination
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Dan Virkstis for Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.); Jill Kozeny for Finance Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
Re: Documents related to Treasury Under Secretary for International Affairs nominee Lael Brainard
The Senate Finance Committee is releasing documents today related to the nomination of Lael Brainard to be Under Secretary of the U.S. Treasury for International Affairs. The Finance Committee documents, compiled from information received and discovered in the Committee’s vetting process for the nominee, reflect certain errors in documents submitted to the Committee. Steps have been taken by the nominee to bring her documents into compliance.
Senate Finance Chairman Baucus and Ranking Member Grassley are releasing the information after discussions with the nominee, the Treasury Department and the White House. The Senators released the report during a briefing today with staff of Finance Committee members regarding the nomination.
Next Article Previous Article
- 32 Bipartisan Senators Call on White House to Reverse Course on Digital Trade and Stand Up to China, Support American Workers and Human Rights
- Bipartisan Senate Finance and Foreign Relations Committee Members Call for Swift Passage of Taiwan Double-Tax Relief Legislation Released By House Ways And Means Committee
- Crapo, Wyden Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Boost Exports of Fruit, Vegetables, Nuts and Other Specialty Crops
- Finance Committee Republicans Press IRS on Data Security Shortcomings
- Crapo Statement at Hearing on How the Tax Code Affects High-Income Individuals