Finance Leaders Comment on Kirk Nomination
To: Reporters and Editors
From: Dan Virkstis for Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.), Jill Kozeny for Finance Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
Re: Finance Committee report on the Nomination of Ron Kirk to be United States Trade Representative
The Senate Finance Committee today released its report on the nomination of Ron Kirk to be United States Trade Representative. The report, compiled from information received and discovered in the Finance Committee’s vetting process of the nominee, reflect certain errors in the nominee’s past tax returns. Steps have been taken by the nominee to bring tax returns into compliance.
Senate Finance Chairman Baucus and Ranking Member Grassley released the report during a briefing today with staff of Finance Committee members regarding the nomination. Upon releasing the report, the Senators released the following joint statement:
“It is the responsibility of the Finance Committee to conduct a thorough vetting of all nominees whose confirmations fall under our jurisdiction. The Committee produced this report and conducted a briefing for the staff of Committee members today to ensure the appropriate level of transparency and to ensure Senators are fully informed and are able to assess the relevant information before the panel considers Mr. Kirk’s nomination next Monday.”
The Finance Committee report is attached.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Statement at Finance Committee Hearing on the Trump Administration’s FY 2021 Budget with HHS Secretary Alex Azar
- Finance Democrats Denounce Trump Admin For Harmful Medicaid Block Grant Proposals
- Wyden Statement at Finance Committee Hearing on the Trump Administration’s FY 2021 Budget with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
- Wyden, Brown Introduce Bill to Block Latest Trump Administration Corporate Giveaway
- Wyden Requests State Department Documents on Trump-Era Ukraine Activities