Sean Neary/Meaghan Smith
Baucus Statement on the Looming Sequester Cuts
To: Reporters and Editors
From: The Communications Office of Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
Re: Baucus Statement on the Looming Sequester Cuts
Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) released the following statement today regarding the looming sequester cuts and the need for Congress to work together to prevent the across-the-board cuts and lasting economic damage.
“The sequester is not the right way to take on the economic challenges facing our nation. We absolutely need to cut federal spending, but we should do so with a scalpel, not an ax. The sequester’s indiscriminate cuts pose a serious threat to our nation’s economic recovery, and every American will feel the effects. In the short term, we need a balanced approach that focuses on job creation. In the long term, we need a comprehensive bipartisan plan to bring down the deficit.
“This cycle of going from one fiscal crisis to the next is undermining our economy, and it needs to end. We need to put politics aside and work together to craft policies that provide some economic certainty to America’s families and businesses. That is the only way we can restore confidence in the economy and spark the economic growth our nation so desperately needs.”
Next Article Previous Article
- Crapo Statement on Protecting Taxpayers Earning Under $400,000 from Increased IRS Scrutiny
- Crapo Votes Against Democrats’ Damaging Tax-and-Spend Bill
- Crapo Offers Amendment to Protect Middle Class, Small Businesses from Supersized IRS
- Crapo: Democrats are Proposing More Taxes, More Spending, Higher Prices, and an Army of IRS Agents
- JCT Confirms: Tax Costs Exponentially Outweigh Benefits