Eight Things to Know about the America’s Healthy Future Act
1. Individuals and employers who are satisfied with their current health insurance coverage can keep it and would not be required to change health plans.
2. No American can be denied health insurance or charged more because of a pre-existing health condition.
3. Health insurance companies will not be able to discriminate on the basis of gender or health status -- so insurance companies can’t charge more for women or Americans who are sick.
4. Health insurance companies will no longer receive tax deductions if they give their executives excessive salaries and compensation.
5. Members of Congress will be required to buy their health insurance through the same exchanges that people in their own states will use, instead of having a separate Congressional health plan.
6. Health insurance companies will no longer be able to limit how much coverage you can use over your lifetime or how many benefits you can use each year.
7. The bill specifically says there will be no Medicare benefit cuts for individuals. In fact, it strengthens Medicare’s finances so the program can continue to provide benefits for years to come.
8. Low-and middle-income seniors will get 50 percent of their drug costs paid for when they reach the so-called doughnut hole in the Medicare Part D prescription drug program, where no coverage is provided today.
Next Article Previous Article
- Analysis: House Tax Bill Offers Scant Relief and Breaks Biden Tax Pledge
- Finance Committee Republicans Blast Reckless Tax-and-Spend Proposals
- Crapo Statement at Nomination Hearing
- Crapo: Job-Killing Tax Hikes will Hurt Middle Class, Help China
- Crapo, Brady Introduce Bill to Protect Taxpayer Rights and Privacy