Questions and answers between Sen. Grassley and George Madison, Treasury general counsel nominee
In your responses of August 5, 2009, to my questions you explain why you would not rescind the DOJ/OLC request sent by the Treasury OGC regarding the SIGTARP. Your previous answers also establish that you believe the SIGTARP is part of the Treasury Department, that the provision of documents by the Treasury to the SIGTARP would not waive any privileges, and that neither the Treasury Secretary nor the OGC has the ability to halt an audit or investigation initiated by the SIGTARP.
Questions and answers available in attached Printer-Friendly Version.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Statement on DOJ Opinion on Ways and Means’ Trump Taxes Request
- Wyden Calls on Oregon Insurers to Provide Seniors With Cooling and Air Filters
- Wyden, Neal Release New Data Showing Explosion in Use Of Mega-IRA Accounts by Wealthy
- Wyden Statement at Finance Committee Hearing on Retirement Legislation
- Wyden, Democrats Introduce Bill To Help Working Families Save For Retirement