Questions and answers between Sen. Grassley and George Madison, Treasury general counsel nominee
In your responses of August 5, 2009, to my questions you explain why you would not rescind the DOJ/OLC request sent by the Treasury OGC regarding the SIGTARP. Your previous answers also establish that you believe the SIGTARP is part of the Treasury Department, that the provision of documents by the Treasury to the SIGTARP would not waive any privileges, and that neither the Treasury Secretary nor the OGC has the ability to halt an audit or investigation initiated by the SIGTARP.
Questions and answers available in attached Printer-Friendly Version.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden, Crapo, Cardin, Thune Release Telehealth Policies for Mental Health Care Initiative
- Wyden Presses Trump Accounting Firm on Trump Taxes
- Memorandum: Wyden Statement on Launch of Indo-Pacific Economic Framework
- Wyden Statement on GAO Report on Tax, Demographic Data
- WYDEN LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION OF ABBOTT TAX, STOCK BUYBACK PRACTICES