Questions and answers between Sen. Grassley and George Madison, Treasury general counsel nominee
In your responses of August 5, 2009, to my questions you explain why you would not rescind the DOJ/OLC request sent by the Treasury OGC regarding the SIGTARP. Your previous answers also establish that you believe the SIGTARP is part of the Treasury Department, that the provision of documents by the Treasury to the SIGTARP would not waive any privileges, and that neither the Treasury Secretary nor the OGC has the ability to halt an audit or investigation initiated by the SIGTARP.
Questions and answers available in attached Printer-Friendly Version.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden: We Can't Go Back to When Health Care Was for the Healthy and Wealthy
- Wyden Statement on Health Care Price Transparency Announcement
- Wyden Releases New Watchdog Report On Hospice Oversight
- Wyden: Supercharging Budget Reconciliation Puts Americans’ Health Coverage and Economy At Risk
- Wyden Introduces Legislation to Reform Opportunity Zone Program