Questions and answers between Sen. Grassley and George Madison, Treasury general counsel nominee
In your responses of August 5, 2009, to my questions you explain why you would not rescind the DOJ/OLC request sent by the Treasury OGC regarding the SIGTARP. Your previous answers also establish that you believe the SIGTARP is part of the Treasury Department, that the provision of documents by the Treasury to the SIGTARP would not waive any privileges, and that neither the Treasury Secretary nor the OGC has the ability to halt an audit or investigation initiated by the SIGTARP.
Questions and answers available in attached Printer-Friendly Version.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Floor Statement on Billionaires Income Tax and Restoring Fairness to the Tax Code
- Wyden Leads Democratic Colleagues in Introducing Billionaires Income Tax
- Wyden, Blumenauer Introduce Legislation to Support U.S. Kombucha Industry
- 32 Bipartisan Senators Call on White House to Reverse Course on Digital Trade and Stand Up to China, Support American Workers and Human Rights
- Wyden Urges Congress to Act on Affordable Child Care for All