Questions and answers between Sen. Grassley and George Madison, Treasury general counsel nominee
In your responses of August 5, 2009, to my questions you explain why you would not rescind the DOJ/OLC request sent by the Treasury OGC regarding the SIGTARP. Your previous answers also establish that you believe the SIGTARP is part of the Treasury Department, that the provision of documents by the Treasury to the SIGTARP would not waive any privileges, and that neither the Treasury Secretary nor the OGC has the ability to halt an audit or investigation initiated by the SIGTARP.
Questions and answers available in attached Printer-Friendly Version.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden statement on HHS overturning Trump-era waivers allowing for taxpayer-funded discrimination in child welfare and reestablishing nondiscrimination policies across the agency
- Wyden Statement on Revenue from Increased IRS Enforcement Against Wealthy Tax Cheats
- Wyden Readout of Bipartisan Briefing with Secretary Yellen on OECD Agreement
- WYDEN CONTINUES TO PRESS SWISS BANK MIRABAUD ON BROCKMAN TAX EVASION SCHEMES
- Wyden Statement on Billionaires Income Tax Score