Grassley Presses for Release of Congressionally Mandated Report on Medicaid's Status
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley is pressing the federal Department of Health and Human Services to finish and release a long overdue, congressionally mandated report on Medicaid’s financial and enrollment status. The report was due Jan. 1, 2010.
“The report might contain bad news, but we all need to see it,” Grassley said. “The new health care reform law expands Medicaid by the greatest amount in the program’s history, yet states are already struggling to afford their existing Medicaid responsibilities. A true picture of Medicaid’s financial state is necessary to ensure that services are funded adequately for the millions of people who rely on the program.”
Grassley is ranking member of the Committee on Finance, with jurisdiction over health care programs including Medicaid.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Statement on Trump Executive Actions on Unemployment Benefits, Payroll Tax Cut
- Wyden Offers Bill to Guarantee Affordable Vaccine, Access to Health Care for American Families
- Wyden Statement on July Jobs Report
- Wyden Reaction to Lawsuit Against NRA
- Wyden, Cortez Masto Propose Bill to Reduce Police Violence During Mental Health Crises