Grassley Welcomes Alternative Energy Focus in Tax Package
Sen. Chuck Grassley, ranking member of the Committee on Finance, is a long-time proponent of alternative energy tax incentives. He made the following comment on the energy tax package released by the Finance Committee chairman tonight. The Finance Committee is scheduled to consider the bill on Tuesday.
“This bill reflects energy needs in the 21st Century. Americans need clean, green, domestic energy for their homes and cars.
I’m glad to see the extension of key renewable energy provisions for ethanol, wind, and biodiesel. People need tax certainty to invest in infrastructure and keep production moving. Production has to meet demand, and alternative energy has never been in such demand. It’s also important to recognize cutting-edge technology, like what’s used in scellulosic ethanol production. Sometimes policy is slow to catch up with technology. In this case, policy is keeping up.”
A summary of the chairman’s bill follows here. For more technical details, please see finance.senate.gov.
Next Article Previous Article
- Wyden Statement on DOJ Opinion on Ways and Means’ Trump Taxes Request
- Wyden Calls on Oregon Insurers to Provide Seniors With Cooling and Air Filters
- Wyden, Neal Release New Data Showing Explosion in Use Of Mega-IRA Accounts by Wealthy
- Wyden Statement at Finance Committee Hearing on Retirement Legislation
- Wyden, Democrats Introduce Bill To Help Working Families Save For Retirement