Grassley, Baucus Raise Concerns Over Offer in Compromise Program
Senators Question the IRS’ Administration of the Program
WASHINGTON -- Today, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and ranking member Max Baucus released the Internal Revenue Service's response to their September 2, 2004, letter to Treasury Secretary John Snow regarding the IRS' Offer in Compromise (OIC) program.
In their September 2 letter, Grassley and Baucus questioned the IRS and Treasury’simplementation and administration of the OIC program, specifically the apparent failure to use theEffective Tax Administration provision enacted as part of the IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of1998.
Based on the IRS’ response, Grassley and Baucus have called for an independentinvestigation of the program by the Government Accountability Office.The IRS’ response to Chairman Grassley and Senator Baucus is attached.
Next Article Previous Article
- Grassley Statement on Trump Health Care Transparency Announcement
- ICYMI: Amid Impeachment Investigation, Grassley Focused on Capping Prescription Drug Prices
- Grassley on the Prescription Drug Pricing Reduction Act
- Grassley: Cracking Down on Counterfeiting
- ICYMI: 58 Million American Adults Can’t Afford Prescription Drugs